Drama lessons are provided to P.4-6 by the NET drama teacher once a week. Our drama education aims to:
- Improve literacy and speaking skills through performance,
- Build the bridge between make-believe and the art form of theatre,
- Transform children into drama literates,
- Develop children’s collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills
- Enable them to develop a sense of empathy and build up the necessary confidence to perform their roles
Drama lessons are provided to P.4-6 on a weekly basis. Acting as characters allow students to immerse themselves in a fictional world. Different grades are assigned a respective theme to work with, and will focus on a single story for one school year.
P6: Narnia:The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Students from class 2021- 2022 performing Narnia in the annual graduation performance
Preparation work: analysing the book character, Miss Honey.
Class performance: Acting out the scene on the breaking in of Matilda’s house
P4: Flat Stanley
Students using playdough to create prop models to visualise scenes from the book
Students giving an in-class reading theatre